Go Back   Cyber Recovery Social Network Forums - Alcohol and Drug Addiction Help/Support > General Recovery > Archives

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2011, 03:08 AM   #21
shadow1952
Trusted Servant

Journey to the Heart

Discover Your Own Truth

No truth is ours until we make it our own.

All the truths in the world don't matter unless and until we discover them to be true for ourselves. That's what the journey is about. An insight, a lesson, a new belief is at the end of each adventure-- whether that adventure happens in a moment, an hour, a day, or a year. This lesson doesn't come from classes or lectures or well-meaning friends. The lesson we're seeking comes from inside us, from our hearts, from our deep abiding connection to consciousness and the truth.

It springs quietly from within us as we notice one day that we believe something new, something different, something more free, more fun, and more life-enhancing than what we believed before. For a moment we may turn back and say, Why didn't I know that? Why didn't I see that before? Then we step back on our path, laugh, and go on our way understanding that is why we are really here. Not to know everything in advance. But to allow ourselves to go freely through all the lessons that teach us all we came here to learn.

You are on a journey of discovery. Find out what's true for you. Remember: A truth isn't yours until it rings true for you.
shadow1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:54 AM   #22
shadow1952
Trusted Servant

I am away til 25th, there will be no posts as I am away from pc. Sorry for inconvenience. Joanne
Old 01-25-2011, 02:03 AM   #23
shadow1952
Trusted Servant

Journey to the Heart

Cherish Your Favorite Spaces

Our world abounds with quiet, free sources of revitalization.

"I love going into fabric stores," one woman told me recently. "I love touching, handling, fondling all the colorful bolts of material. It makes me feel good. It makes me feel happy."

"My favorite activity is spending an afternoon at the library," one man told me. "If I could only do one thing in life, go one place, that's what I'd choose. I lose myself in the pages of the books. They take me to faraway places, places I'd never been. And when I leave the library, I feel like I've been touched and changed."

What are the places you like to visit in your town or city? Do you enjoy browsing through a bookstore? Is there a favorite shopping center in your neighborhood where the shopkeepers smile a little more and the window displays please your heart? Do you have a favorite restaurant where drinking a cup of tea changes your mood? Cherish old favorite spaces, and open yourself to discovering new places.

Healing doesn't have to be extravagant, expensive, or traditional. Sometimes it just means going to the places that make us feel good.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:50 AM   #24
shadow1952
Trusted Servant

Journey to the Heart

See Life Through the Eyes of Your Soul

Once many, many years ago, I woke up in the middle of the night. Only I wasn't in bed sleeping. I was on the ceiling looking down at my body lying on the bed. I studied myself, a little surprised at how unusual I looked from the outside. The next thing I knew, I was back in bed. My soul reconnected with my body. That experience was the beginning of a journey that led me to understand I was more than a body. I had a soul. I was about to embark on a path that would consciously connect me to that soul-- experiences on the path to freeing my soul.

Throughout my life, I have had many conscious desires and expectations about my life. I wanted this. I wanted that. I wanted my life to be arranged just so. What I've understood over time is that the journey I'm taking is not one based on arranging my life in a particular way, then keeping it just so. The journey I've been on and what I've been seeking has been the journey of my soul.

Much in life can cause us distress and discomfort when we look with our conscious mind. But if we look beyond what we can see on the surface, we'll begin to see with the eyes of the soul. The lessons run deep. Often they take time to learn. We learn about power. We learn about love. Courage. Faith. Saying good-bye. Embracing deep love for ourselves.

Learn to see life with the eyes of your soul. Experience all the emotions that are there. Discover your truths. Seek conscious peace as much as you can, and seek peace in your soul as well. Let your soul lead you through meadows and take you down deep into the valleys, for all your experiences are just that-- experiences-- on this mysterious journey of the soul.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:34 AM   #25
shadow1952
Trusted Servant

Journey to the Heart

Open Your Heart As Often As You Need

Opening our hearts is not something we do once or twice. It is a way of life. How quickly life does things that make us want to close off, wall off, shut down, go away. But our commitment to staying open has little to do with what life does to us. It has to do with how we decide we want to live. Open. Loving. Safe. We're safe because we know our ability and our willingness to love comes from within us. It is the ultimate form of learning to embrace our power.

A long time ago when we were young, you may have told yourself it was risky to love, to trust, to feel. You told yourself that everyone you trusted would in the end betray your trust. Your belief had many times been proven true. But it's time now to believe something else. It's time to believe that the opposite is true. It is risky to not love, not trust, not feel.

Your security doesn't come from trusting others. Your security comes from trusting and cherishing your own heart. Don't let life shut you down. Open your heart as often as you need.
Old 01-28-2011, 02:03 AM   #26
shadow1952
Trusted Servant

Journey to the Heart

What Interests You?

It's easy to talk ourselves out of trying something new, then sit home whining that we're bored. It's just as easy, and a lot more fun, to find something interesting to do.

Learn to make a basket out of pine needles. Try spelunking, or take a tap dancing class. Learn to fly an airplane or carve a walking stick. Take lessons on that musical instrument you've always wanted to play. You can learn to braid your hair, write a poem, or even act in a play.

Have you talked yourself out of doing activities you used to like to do? Is there something new you'd like to learn or explore, something you've always thought you might like to do?

Begin a journey of discovery. Find out what interests you. Don't limit your interests to activities connected just to work or spiritual growth. Opening up to the world and all it has to offer expands your creativity. Discovering what your interests are, then letting yourself pursue them will become part of your spiritual path.

There are many magical things in the world, and people happy to teach you how to do them. See all there is to do. Get out of your house and out of your rut and discover what interests you.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:43 AM   #27
shadow1952
Trusted Servant

Journey to the Heart

Seek Peace

I drove down the winding road into King's Canyon, California, not knowing what to expect. The road took me past lavendar hills and ended alongside a rushing roaring river spilling over with white-water froth. "Beware of Turbulent Waters," the sign warned. I parked the car and stepped outside, taking in the scenery. Soon, I knew-- I felt-- where this road had led.

It led to peace.

Cultivate peace. Commit to peace. Insist on it. Don't settle for peace based on outward circumstances or a particular arrangement in your life. Drive down the winding road and find the peace that prevails amidst the mountains, now purple in the setting sun. Find the peace that prevails even when the turbulent waters of the river roar through your life.

This is the peace the universe offers. Settle for nothing less.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:51 AM   #28
shadow1952
Trusted Servant

Journey to the Heart

Warm Up

Sit in the sun and warm up.

Sit in the sun. Soak up the love and warmth from the world around you. Take that warmth into your everyday life. Open your heart more to the people you meet, the people you greet, and the people you love. Practice being warm, loving, and open. Do more that just think a kind loving thought. Say it. Do more than just think of something nice you'd like to do for someone. Do it.

Fear is cold. Sometimes, we become so afraid of life, people, ourselves-- so afraid-- that we become cold. Cold toward people, toward life, toward God. We may not be aware of how cold we have become. We may have been cold for so long, we just don't see it. Being cold and afraid has become our everyday posture. It's the way we interact with the world around us. Now it's time to put warmth back in our lives.

Don't let your fears turn you cold. Sit in the sun and warm up. Then radiate that warmth to the people around you. Warm up to people. Warm up to life. Warm up to yourself.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:50 AM   #29
shadow1952
Trusted Servant

Journey to the Heart

Value Your Connection to Truth

Trust what you know. Not what you think you know, but what you know in your heart.

We often know the truth long before we let ourselves see and believe it, long before we're ready to acknowledge it. For many reasons-- fear, timing, and a myriad of issues too long to list-- we ignore and discount what we know in our heart. But the truth doesn't go away. What's true, what we know to be true, will nag at us and haunt us. And even if we try to run from that truth, our experiences will ultimately lead us back to it.

Life may bring us many issues we want to run from, issues that are a challenge. But the real challenge we face is learning to trust ourselves and trust what we know to be true. Maybe someone once told us we couldn't be trusted. That's too bad. But what's worse is that we began to believe it and started to tell ourselves that,too.

Your heart can be trusted. Don't doubt it. It will inevitably connect you to what's true. Love yourself enough to trust what you know. Then stay connected to truth.
Post New Thread  Reply