Go Back   Cyber Recovery Social Network Forums - Alcohol and Drug Addiction Help/Support > General Recovery > Life In Recovery

Life In Recovery A place to share experience, strength and hope on Life in Recovery.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #1
aslylilfox

Wink focus on your future!

Your future is a big adventure.
Prepare for your future don't live in the past.
Savor your good memories,
use any bad ones as lessons in life.

Carve out a niche for yourself in your imagined future.
Think, feel and see yourself as successful.
To achieve any goal in life, you need to project your end result.
Think of the elation, the satisfaction, the joy you'll feel.
Carry these ecstatic feelings with you every day
and they'll bring your desired goals into view.

Sooner or later, you can win if you think you can.
The cards you are dealt in life
are less important than the way you play them.
Everyday you're offered a new deal and new cards.

Success is in your future if you're willing to work for it.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
hummingbird

To quote the Psychedelic Furs, "You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." (Somehow I doubt they were the first to coin that phrase!)

Thanks Shari, sometimes I do have trouble projecting the desired outcome, and get bogged down in what I need to do to get there.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
aslylilfox

i have the same problem! I think "what future" and get on the pity train; which unless I derail it can go clear to Canada! lol when ppl ask me what fun things do you like to do.. ummmm I dunno? I really dont bc up until 4 weeks ago my mind was consumed with getting and taking pills. Now I dont have those racing thoughts anymore( ty HP:!) So its like uhhhh.. okay now what..lol so I find other things to obsess about- so the disease goes on just like that train til I derail it. thats what is so tricky about this! We are to come to the realization that we are powerless- and then let a HP give us our power and sobriety back-in my addict mind i was like huh? lol but to "get there" we indeed need to let something bigger than ourselves get us there- one day at a time. my inner child though so wants instant gratification! we will get there tho as long as we arent trying to run the race alone:)
Old 12-10-2011, 03:38 PM   #4
mellotripp
Devoted Member

I always thought I would never be able to live in a boring life with nothing to do since I wasn't going out partying anymore, I always expected to be where the action was. Today I am able to find peace with what I have. I had a sponsor tell me once that the secret to happiness was that, to be happy with what I have and not with what I was to achieve if I did certain things. Today I am happy to live my life that is not where all the action is. I have been able to be happy living in this boring existence because I have found happiness within myself. I work, go to meetings when I can, watch tv, clean house for my fiancee when she is working. We go out to the movies or have dinner when the funds allow it. We travel to see family who is out of town when we can. We used to go dancing but can't because of my arthritis anymore. Life is good, I am happy with what I got, I don't need anymore than I have. Thank God I can do what I never thought was going to be possible. I guess my future is here if I choose to stay in it.
The triumphant arch described in the Big Book of AA can be found over the month of March, connecting the 28th of February with April Fool's. A day is added to February once every four years to help time keep up with the Sun's cycle.
mellotripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply