Go Back   Cyber Recovery Social Network Forums - Alcohol and Drug Addiction Help/Support > Welcome To Cyber Recovery Fellowship! > Newcomers Recovery Help/Support

Newcomers Recovery Help/Support Welcome Newcomers. If you're new to recovery start here. Have Questions Concerning Recovery? Post Them Here. Need Help? Let Us Know Here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #1
Mish
Regular

I'm new again..

My first bout of recovery didn't work so well, but now that I know how meetings work in my area, specifically my town, on a Sunday, I know what to say to get that grand coin for 24/48 hours of sobriety. I'm sure I'll get lots of luck from you guys online but hopefully that sticks for tonight.. I'd really like that coin ;) I'm really crossing my fingers that this time around works. Wish me luck!
Mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
Chewi
Trusted Servant

I do wish you the best. I have found serenity in not drinking. I occasionally will still get a crazy thought about drinking or a craving, but then I remember I just don't want to wake up sick in the morning; I remember how I have found other nice ways to relax and enjoy myself without drinking and obsessing on drinking. I also trust God and pray.

I hope you get it this time! I'm glad you're going to AA! That coin is something to smile about!!!!
Chewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #3
yukonm
Administrator

Hi Mish,
Welcome back. Glad that you willing to try again. Going to AA meetings and finding a sponser is a start. We continue to be here to support and encourage you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg welcome back.jpg (6.6 KB, 25 views)
yukonm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #4
mikethesmaller
Step Taker

Hi Mish, I'm glad you are ok. Make the most of this window of opportunity. You deserve some joy in your life.

God bless,
Mike.

"Walking with curiosity"
mikethesmaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:30 PM   #5
Mish
Regular

Okay so I'm not the best at going to meetings, but I've gone a couple times and met this lovely lady that I want to be my sponsor, but I don't know how to go about it.. do I ask outright to her, or do I make an announcement? She seems like a person who would get my butt in gear if need be.. if that's how they work, which leads me to my next question, how does sponsorship work for the newly sober? I hear I have to call them first, but after that.. I guess I just am walking blindly right now. Thanks for the support!
Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
yukonm
Administrator

Hi Mish,
Here is the AA pamplet on Sponsorship. Please take the time and go through it. Hopefully it will give you some answers.

http://www.aa.org/pdf/products/p-15_Q&AonSpon.pdf
yukonm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:20 AM   #7
Mish
Regular

Thanks for that, it did help a lot.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:51 PM   #8
Chewi
Trusted Servant

Hi Mish! Hang in there! Get to meetings when you can; it will be better than not going at all. At first I went a couple times a week. Then I settled in to a home meeting once a week. It was a commitment that worked for me. Find a way that will work for you. Just don't keep making excuses to drink.

Let us know when you ask the woman to be your sponsor. You can also ask other people at meetings about their sponsors and experiences. People are usually happy to help.
Chewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #9
englishsteve

Hi everyone,

Not been on here in a while, been suffering with kidney stones and neck tumours (almost sure benign) had 4 operations, 2 to go. Feeling terrible inbetween them.
Still off the grog, no booze since last August, I am amazed more than anyone else. Tempting at times, very tempting, but still have AA in back pocket, within easy reach.

Will read your posts with interst Mish to see how you're getting on. Godspeed.

Chewi, dropped you a note on your 2 years thread, superb.
Mike how you? Sorted the house out yet?

Lesley, good to see you on here again, hope you're doing OK.
Feeling semi-human for the first time since Feb (had a stent removed and feel like a different person) so should be on here more often.
Off to bed now for probably another terrifying dream that I've started drinking again.
Bye all.
englishsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply