Go Back   Cyber Recovery Social Network Forums - Alcohol and Drug Addiction Help/Support > Alcoholism > Alcohol Addiction - Alcoholism Recovery

Alcohol Addiction - Alcoholism Recovery Discuss and find support and help for alcohol dependency and abuse.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
snapdragon928
Newcomer

not pink cloud

Ok a little pink cloud for first week or so. Now my nerves are raw, I am restless, angry and depressed, and people in my life are so **** needy. I have an injured leg, I am on crutches and off on comp since the twenty seventh. So plenty of time on hand, making it to meetings. Got a sponser. So being on comp has been a series of playing taxi cab for two people, helping ex with son, doing things for other people and I am resentful. I have a hard time saying no. Its been two weeks since sat I have been sober. I think this is still withdrawel but I am not sure. But pain and people and places and things. And sleep. been up since before three am. went to two meetings. and told my ex and housemate I am not taking care of anyone. Housemate begging to go with me to get my oilchanged, I know that will turn into take me here or there. Everything is really getting on my nerves and I feel too much. I FEEL TOO MUCH!
snapdragon928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #2
Chewi
Trusted Servant

Hang in there. It can be like this in the beginning. This is why we say silly things like, one day at a time. Because when our nerves are waking up, we really have to just take one day at a time, one hour at a time if necessary.

I reminded myself how much worse I would feel if sick and hungover and having regrets from the night before.

Your doing great! Keep getting to the meetings and talking to your sponsor for support. Pray to your HP. Meet your responsibilities but also take time to relax and rest. I am coming up on 20 months. I was a horrible chronic relapser, but I finally surrendered to God and got it and am very happy for it. Would probably be very sick or dead by now if I had not quit.

Blessings to you today. Do this for you and don't be too hard on yourself.
Chewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:27 AM   #3
odyssey
Newcomer

hi snapdragon sounds to me like your doing better than you think! your getting to meetings and talking about how you feel 2 weeks great job easy does it
odyssey is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New Thread  Reply